So I survived the first day without wheat, milk or eggs! Do you have any idea how many products have wheat or milk in them that you would never expect? No, of course not, because you would never expect it! Ragu Traditional spaghetti sauce has MILK (romano cheese) in it! Can’t have butter… BUTTER…because it’s milk! Do you know what has butter in it?! Everything! *sigh* It could be worse… one of my friends is allergic to soy and corn…. that IS in everything. I shouldn’t complain (I’m going to anyway…).
Actually, I did pretty good for the most part.
For breakfast I made a smoothie:
- Coconut Milk
- Youngberry Juice
- Chia Seeds
Zipped it around in the Oster Blender for a bit… quite yummy.
– If you like smoothies, but don’t want to drag out the big blender all the time (who does?), the Oster MyBlend Blender is amazing. It’s got great blending power… zips right through frozen berries and ice. The best part? It blends IN the BOTTLE! You fill your bottle with your smoothie ingrediants, screw on the lid (with the blades), snap it into the blender and ZZZIIPP! Smoothie! Unscrew the blender lid and screw on the travel lid… off you go!
Lunch was a bit harder…. Usually I want something hot for lunch, but I was in a rush and didn’t want to have to read a bunch of labels. I knew that the Feldkamp bread was okay and I had a new oatmeal that is pretty good ….
- Oatmeal with Craisins and chopped pecans
- Feldkamp bread with Planters Nutrition peanut butter
- Cuties oranges for a snack
By the time I got to dinner I was getting concerned… I’d spent a bit too much time on Pinterest and was just confusing myself. I stopped by the grocery store on my way home and picked up a bunch of seafood and beef… normally I avoid beef, but since I can’t have the chicken or turkey I figured Brian would want something other than just fish and seafood. The store had some yummy looking jumbo shrimp on sale, so I got a big bunch. Now, what to do with them? Then I remembered my shopping trip to Penzey’s Spices a month or so ago.
Tsardust Memories Shrimp
- Jumbo Shrimp
- Lemon Juice
- White Wine
- Penzey’s Tsardust Memories Spice
- Olive Oil
Peel and devein the shrimp then lightly saute them in the olive oil. Add the lemon juice, white wine Tsardust Memories and chives (sorry, no measurements…. I just kinda eyeballed and dumped). Cover and let simmer 3-5 minutes or until shrimp are no longer clear.
I also made Roasted Potatoes. I should have added carrots too, but didn’t think of it until too late
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes (mine were pretty small…. I was going for an even amount of sweet & gold potatoes)
- 2 Carrots
- Olive oil
- Garlic Salt
Chop potatoes and carrots into bite-sized pieces. Drizzle with olive oil and add spices… (again, sorry, no measurements), toss to coat. I used a 9×9 inch Pyrex pan, but if you add more potatoes you might need a bigger pan… you want a single layer of potatoes in the pan, otherwise it takes forever to bake.
Bake at 400 for 35 – 40 minutes. Potatoes will be lightly browned and soft on the inside.
Last night I actually slept through the night… I only got up once… normally I get up four or five times… only once was AMAZING! No idea if it had anything to do with the new diet, but boy that would be wonderful!!