I’ve been craving waffles lately, but I want to stay grain free. After some searching around on Pinterest I found a few promising recipes…. I tweaked them a bit and came up with this recipe. They taste wonderful and they should be perfect for the Wheat Belly lifestyle.
I have also tried this recipe with applesauce in place of the banana, since Brian doesn’t like banana…. it tasted pretty much the same to me, but Brian said he could tell the difference…. less banana-y.
Grain Free Banana Waffles
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup cashews nuts
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 banana (or 1/4 c. applesauce)
- 3 tbsp butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a food processor chop the cashews nuts.
- Add all the others ingredients and blend until soft.
- Grease the waffle iron.
- Scoop the dough in to the middle of the iron, be careful not to overfill.
- Bake for 3 minutes or until golden.