- 6 oz. dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup mashed avocado (about 1 small avocado)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, for rolling (optional)
- Combine the chocolate, vanilla extract and pinch of salt over a double boiler, and melt until completely smooth. Mash the avocado with a fork until no lumps are visible, then stir it into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth and thickened. Place in the fridge to set for 20 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. (NOT overnight… I left mine in overnight and had to warm it back up to get them to scoop.)
- Next, use a small cookie scoop* to scoop the chocolate into 12 balls. Roll the balls between the palms of your hand to create a smooth surface.
- Roll each truffle in the chopped pecan and chocolate chips mixture until evenly coated. Serve at room temperature, but store in the fridge.
* I use this cookie scoop: Norpro Stainless Steel Scoop, 1 Tablespoon, 35mm
*Original Recipe: The Detoxinista